RCU Forums - View Single Post - "secret" info from castle.....
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 06:30 PM
rebuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RE:

ORIGINAL: ryan_t888

4600kv on 4s will not work. I'm running 2900kv on 4s and that is already pushing the limits.

Ryan
Accord to him it will, he is a tech at castle HQ. I tend to believe him, especially since i've googled it and there are many out there that have done it. You either gear your car or prop/gear your boat for it. He said the main concern is the esc, what type to use etc......, my specific question to him was can the cm36 4600kv handle 4s and he said it could, he stated the motors were made to be ran up to 65-70,000 rpms and still be in their safe zone. Think about it, a 5700kv castle on 3s = 68,400 rpms and folks do that all the time, a 4600 on 4s is right at the same rpms, but with more torque and power. I'm just sharing what he told me.............i may try it, I saw on another forum where a member with the name of Access stated it as well, (is he the same Access on rcuniverse?) The esc would have to be real strong, probably more than 120 amp, and 4s+ rated of course. Maybe this is more of a car situation.......for the car forum.

Has anyone here ever done this.............i bet if i posted on the car forums i'd get a bunch of feedback. I just posted here because i "hang out" here most of the time, maybe i should have posted in - Motors : general discussion..................