RCU Forums - View Single Post - Newbie Help 4wd or 2wd
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 06:39 PM
MonkeyFist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie Help 4wd or 2wd

2WD will teach you to drive better then 4WD. If you can master a 2WD buggy then no racing class will be too tough for you. DO NOT try to start out racing in the mod class as it will just lead to frustration and alot of broken parts. Race in stock (27 turn or 17.5 in brushless) or Super Stock(19 turn or 13.5 brushless) classes first. That is where you will gain the skill set to move up and drive in the faster classes. Take the time to really learn how set up changes effect your car. I see alot of folks who slap on the set up of some pro driver and never lean how to tune a chassis for them selves.

As far as choices in the 1/10 2WD arena there is the Losi XXX-CR, the Associated B4, The Kyosho RB5, and the Academy GV2. There may be a few random others out there, but those are the major players. The B4 is the current hot ride for alot of folks. I drive a XXX-CR as I found the B4 to be too twitchy for my taste. I could have spent more time tweaking the B4, but I already had a XXX-CR that felt better to me.