RCU Forums - View Single Post - Complex shape flying wing/delta CG calculator
Old 08-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Mike Connor
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Complex shape flying wing/delta CG calculator

ORIGINAL: CloudyIFR

Mike,

The dimension I need is the chord length of the inner panels tip or the outer panels root. This is the same dimension, I had to guess a little with the use of a CAD program.

Note that the dimensions in the spreadsheet are 1/4 chord points NOT the leading edge angle. Also, If you give me the leading edge angles I can work it out easily as there is a Sweepback converter in the spreadsheet too!

If you still have issues opening the file send me your version of Excel and a Private message with your email and I'll save it in that version and we'll see if that works. You may lose some eye candy in the graphs but that's all it is.

Curtis
Curtis,
You were real close on the outer panel cord. It is 11". I am embarrassed to say my Excel is 97 SR-2. If you can save it to that version and it still works I would appreciate it. My email address is [email protected] . I am downloading "Open Office" as I type to see it it works. I would rather use Excel if your save works.

I noticed you used the front of the motor mount as a datum point rather then where the leading edge lines would have meet in front on the wing. Is that the correct way to calculate the CG point?
Thanks,
Mike