RCU Forums - View Single Post - New product; Wild Hare goes electric!
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 02:05 PM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New product; Wild Hare goes electric!

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

I'm in for the whole kit and kaboodle. It will be nice to fly something that comes complete with a ''matched'' power system. Plus I'll get to try out the HD servos and see for myself how they work out.

This should be just about the right size to fly out in fornt of the engine shop before work and before the winds come up everyday. The ''resident'' electric flyers wiould likely join in.
Pat:

All that is true, but the people reading this should be aware of a couple things.

First, the plane handles wind very well. You don't need to wait for a dead calm day or be afraid if you get it too far downwind that you won't be able to get it back. It's not that kind of a plane, it's more like a hot .40 size glow plane. With batteries it weighs 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 pounds. I've flown it in winds of 10-15 mph and enjoyed it a lot. It's not just a park flyer.

Also it is not something that you only fly close in, it will cover lots of sky and will happily do IMAC as well as 3D stuff. While it's appropriate for flying "outside the office" it's also very at home at the regular flying field and will keep up with any other planes that are up.

TF