RCU Forums - View Single Post - DAG 60 maiden flight
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 08:43 PM
imsofaman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DAG 60 maiden flight

A lot has happened since I have stopped by. Where to start? OK....first off, one of my RC clubs never allowed autogyros to fly there. I stated my case to the club officers and the owners of the land. They requested a flying demo of my gyros. Well....if any of you know me.....I am all about flying for a crowd!!! So, I did my demo and got the two thumbs up and they requested a second demo before the club meeting and then would vote on allowing autogyros to fly there. They voted yes!!!! Hurray!!!

The bad news is I crashed my DAG 60 right before the meeting. Even with a crash....they voted yes. I got seriously disoriented as I was out too far. I have some footage of the DAG flying before the meeting. I did quite a few flights. The wind was wicked and had a 45 degree cross wind. Not easy flying a fixed pitch in conditions like that...but i had to prove that it would fly.

Last flight was two days ago. I did not relaize but I had a hairline crack on the motor mount. After flying for a few minutes, the crack turned into a break.[:@] before I could land, the vibration was so bad....it broke apart my radial engine!!! Cylinders were be dropped like bombs! LOL! No worries...just got to make another one...

The good news is it has been rebuilt and please check out the photos and movies below.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MalIs-JqS9w[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU38QpsZoM0[/youtube]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39468.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	1260510   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gc91212.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1260511   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va73635.jpg