View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 01:56 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: District X Election

ORIGINAL: ltougas

Silent-AV8R,

No need to apologize for asking questions I’m glad to answer them.

I have no doubt that the previous efforts to obtain a District X flying site were done by a committed group of AMA members. I’m not sure why the process stopped. We both agree that it is a worthy goal. There is no question that meeting that goal will be a long-term-project, something I have experience in accomplishing successfully. Projects like this aren’t sprint races; they are more like relay races. One team takes the reigns for a while then a new team comes in to relieve them and so on. If one plan runs into insurmountable obstacles you make a new plan. There is no reason not to have a standing committee in District X to secure a flying site. We should have an on-going fund raising effort to pay for it. This may take a long time but we should be working towards it on a monthly basis. One thing is for sure if we say it can’t be done we’ll always be right. I say it can be done.

As far as the website goes my first choice would be to find talented individuals within District X to create the site. If there are no volunteers, heck I could create one myself between Blogger, Picasa, and You Tube we could have a great array of timely information on the internet. Color photos, rather than the black and white ones that appear in the District X column in MA. Video of competitions, and building techniques. The only limit is our imagination.

In our club I was elected most likely to re-kit an airplane two months in a row, I’m kidding; it was actually three months in a row. Seriously, our club has a standing roster of officers; there are not annual elections, so it isn’t possible to be elected as an officer.

I’ve been a member of the AMA as far back as 1988; but there was a span of time I was inactive while raising a family. I was made a Leader member this year.
So far, I like this guy. Those that think a DVP position should be a full time job has lost sight of what a hobby is... Maybe a 45 year young person can help get AMA's balance correct.

Anyway, good luck and much respect that you can come into the forums and light saber with the old guards.