RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 07:23 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF

ORIGINAL: paul33507

I just got a call from my LHS, my escapade FINALLY came in. Now i have to wait until 12:30 to go pick it up. Maybe I can be flying by Monday. Thank goodness for Labor Day Weekend
My plans are:
-Epoxy tail feathers
-Epoxy wing halves
-Dual Aileron servos
-O.S. .40 LA (leftover from the Avistar)
-Finish by Sunday, Flying on Monday (wife's plans permitting of course)
-Paul
Paul,
The tail wheel nylon retainer will not stay on very long even if Caed or epoxied on. I used a 1/16th wheel collar after my tailwheel came off durning a landing. I was lucky enough to find the tail wheel on the runway.
The plane will come out tail heavy. I installed my flat receiver battery pack on top of the fuel tank using double sided mounting tape as far forward as possible. My CG came out to be 2 and 3/4 inches from the leading edge even after putting 1 ounce of weight behind the firewall.
I also installed the fuel tank with the fuel lines to the left side so that it is in line with the 3 pre drilled holes in the firewall. That is 180 degrees different than what the instructions say.
Also the outside fuel line kept splitting where it was cut so I got some Dubro medium fuel line for the outside of the tank. The inside fuel line is different than the outside fuel line that kept splitting.
The plane does the best knife edge of any plane that I have owned.
Enjoy.
Captain Buford