RCU Forums - View Single Post - Short Course Electric Trucks mostly being offered in RTR Form Only!
Old 09-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Tilux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Short Course Electric Trucks mostly being offered in RTR Form Only!

ORIGINAL: Lilredmachine

i agree, i have never seen a kit with paint or diff grease. the most equiped kit i have seen is either a savage x or a tamiya that included the esc and motor. the only kit i know of that includes real hop ups is the o'donell racing z01b 2-in-1. the reason i think most kits dont come with shock oil, diff grease, tires and paint is because people that build kits are usually experenced in the hobby and have prefferences in colors, weight/viscosity, compond and tread (forgive the spelling).
My Mammoth pro came with 3 extra 7075 parts for adjusting the pin angle each end (so 6 in total), 5, 7, 10, 20 and 50 thousand diff oils, three different shock oils, an extra set of unmounted rims for installing your own 40 series tires as well as the ones in the box, three sets of shock springs, a few different metal spur gears and a couple of clutchbells. The Mammoth RTR comes as a truck, in a box, with a transmitter. Admittedley the same manual, but all you get extra with the RTR is an antenna tube.

People here never seen a Tamiya kit? They include shock oil/damper grease, anti wear grease, everything is well presented and bagged and labelled, they always supply an ESC/motor so there is a manual for that as well as a comprehensive manual for the car, the box art is gorgeous and they have awesome metal parts in random places. I would consider Tamiya to be one of the last proper kit builders. Even their expert built series of RTRs is just a production kit that has been built at the factory and painted up properly.
I build my Tamiya DB-01. It came with everything, except ESC, Radio equipement, Battery stuff and servo. The rest, (oil, grease, ect) came with it. I gotta agree with your post.