RCU Forums - View Single Post - New worlds record for RC Car 163.51 mph
Old 09-15-2009, 01:53 AM
ziggy12345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New worlds record for RC Car 163.51 mph

Hi

When I see the video footage of the run it looks much slower than the actual run. This has been back up by everybody who was there. I dont think that anybody who actually saw the run have any doubt of the speed, however there are a number of nay sayers on the web who have bought this up so now I have proven the system my plan is to do another run with 2 speed traps, a radar gun and 2 gps installed and do at least 2 runs in the 170mph range with full unbroken video of the runs, the speed trap read outs, the radar gun read outs and the GPS read outs.

I will do the same thing with the upgraded rocket when I break the 200mph mark early next year.

For now I am happy with the speed registered on the speed trap as it was check about 50 times during the day against at least 2 other radar guns. The 163.51mph run was back up by the static radar gun that read 159mph. This was reading 5mph less than the speed trap all day.

ROSSA recognises the run of 163.51 mph by A J Lovering on 13th September 2009 as the fastest speed for a remote controlled car.

Cheers