RCU Forums - View Single Post - It's here and Looks GOOD new Hangar 9 Taylorcraft
Old 09-15-2009, 07:33 AM
gade600sdi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: It's here and Looks GOOD new Hangar 9 Taylorcraft

Fabmaster, I have used the reverser with no problems and no trim issues so far. I will watch it but not sure what you are concerned with but I will keep an eye on my trim.

As far as the radio option, I have a Futaba 6EX 2.4 and it does have the ability to use channel 2 as the master and 5 as the slave. I set it up last night and I did not end up using a reverser the manual on the Futaba does not show this but I emailed Futaba and they sent me back the procedure to do this using Premix 1 and Premix 2. Granted this is an entry level radio and does not have too many bells and whistles, but it can be done. The only drawback is you do not have a sub trim, so after flying if you trim, it will only affect one side (master) so after you land you need to manually match the other elevator side (slave) by rotating the clevis. This shouldn't be a problem once set up I dont adjust trims that much after the first couple flights.

I someday hope to get a JR 9303 that has more features than the Futaba, but for now for the money the Futaba 2.4s have been absolutely flawless as far as signal reception and performance for the money I have 3 of them and they work awesome.