RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Drop Tanks, Bombs, etc.
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Firepower R/C
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Drop Tanks, Bombs, etc.

[sm=49_49.gif]Well, I would like to say thanks for the kind words, guys. Sometimes when I am working on a project for a while it is hard to be unbiased due to the time investment. I remember you bigtim, you got some stuff from me back when I first made it all... it is good to hear that your items worked out for you.

Corsairjock, I have ran across your various projects many times here on the universe & always am impressed by them. I actually already have an exploding bomb in 2 sizes, but haven't fully tested them yet. I gave a few sets to friends to get some feedback, but then I had to move suddenly and lost touch with them. Any interest in being my new guinnea pig? They are in 1/8 scale... do you have any of the old vortac release clips to use on them? If not, I have a set of molded hardpoints that are removable for the H9 Corsair that utilize the fourmost release. they are on the Corsair pictured above. I need someone to try a set of these, too.

Here are some pics of the bombs as well as a few other items, including what I call the cargo drop pod(the yellow one). It looks like a drop tank, but when released it splits to drop candy, paintballs, skydivers, etc. Now you can convert your warbird into a candydropper without some huge box on your plane! Thoroughly tested, works perfectly. Most of my tanks can be modified to do this. During testing, I covertly dropped 2 skydivers in front of some club members and the couldn't believe they came off my P-47 until they saw the pods up close[X(]. Kids just love to watch 'em, too. fun fun fun!!!

Man, this hobby is fun(says after realizing how much I got carried away there).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96342.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	1277258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11898.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	1277259   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch97206.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	39.2 KB