RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Extra 300
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Extra 300

Bipes was the twisted wing covered if not you really won't be able to use the heat gun to your advantage.
If the wing is covered there shouldn't be a issue taking out that small amout of a twist with the heat gun, I place the wing on the plane with it proped up to 0 degrees on the stab or next to the fuse on the wing and go from there, depending on the twist a extra person may be needed to hold the tail down. Remember this you have to let the wing cool down before you let go of it or the twist-warp will come right back, also remove any wrinkles in the covering you have put in by twisting on both the top and bottom, hold it for say 30 secs to cool then recheck. Also you need to go past the point of 0 say 2 degrees if possible the oppisite way.
Granted it takes a little practice to get the hang of it, my biggest worry is burning a hole thru the covering, or if its a multi covering job pulling the seams apart.

I'm with Grey Beard I have taken out more than a degree of warp in a wing and also added more than that by accident just covering the wing.
If push comes to shove and the wing is not covered cut the sheer webs loose wet the wing and twist the wing past straight and add new webs to the back of the spars.