RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gauging interest, Hellcat group build
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: Gauging interest, Hellcat group build

ORIGINAL: JohnMcGowan
Top notch as always Chad! PLease give us the skinny on how it did, from take off to trimming and then landing that bad boy.... I KNOW it will do well.
[sm=thumbup.gif]
John
Will do John, hope to have somebody shooting video of the event as well. I'll be sure to share all the details, both good and bad.

ORIGINAL: Hogrider
Hi Chad,
Just an observation, on the full-size Hellcat, the Strut Scissors face forward.
In case you want to be scale as possible.
You have shown a lot of skill in your design and craftsmanship, keep up the excellent work.
Thanks for sharing.
Hogrider
Doh! Of course you are correct Hogrider. I will turn them around and see but they may fit better in the gear doors with the scissor to the rear. I'm using 7/16" diamter struts and the scissor link is substantially larger than scale. I think a 3/8" strut would be more than adequate for the weight of the Hellcat and have a much smaller scissor link. I'm going to see if I can get a pair to try out. Thanks for the input!

If anyone knows where to get 3 3/4" or 4" wheels with a thin cross section I would LOVE to hear about them! I'm using a 3 1/2" Robart as shown in the pics and, as you can see, they look a bit small. Scale would be 4" and I have a pair of 3 3/4" Robarts but they are simply too "fat" to fit in the wing when retracted. If you look at the full size airplane you will see it has a pretty skinny tire and now I know why! They need to be no thicker than 1" and less would be even better. Any and all input much appreciated.