RCU Forums - View Single Post - What really happened to Tekin
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 06:16 PM
ekimusman2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What really happened to Tekin

It really does sound like Kevin has what I have (and sought treatment for), which is [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome]Asperger's syndrome[/link] (read up on it. you'll draw some parallels between what the general diagnosis is and what kevin's tendencies were) or another form of high functioning autism.

very, very sad story. Prior to me coming to terms with what I have, I was as aloof and paranoid/socially awkward or worse than you describe Kevin and could only feel comfortable in my "den", where I'd hyper-focus on illustrating and nothing else (like he was hyper-focusing and escaping from the problem using his RC engineering skills).

I really do wish him the best despite his bad decisions and dishonorable behavior, which may or may not have been brought about by his paranoia caused by what I believe to be high functioning autism/hypersensitivity/bipolar - one of them. If he were treated by the right person for his personality disorder and taught some coping methods or something, maybe Tekin would still be going as strong or stronger than Castle or Novak.

I always ran tekin setups in my 1/18 cars. I still have one in my rc18b that runs like a dream.

all the best
Danny from NJ