RCU Forums - View Single Post - EZ Start Blue Wire and Glow Plug?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 11:37 PM
RCWSO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EZ Start Blue Wire and Glow Plug?

I know everyone has their opinion of the EZ-Start system. I am a believer and will continue with the EZ-Start. I certainly don't care about the way an EZ-Start looks on my truck. I also don't care about the weight, as it has been proven that for this truck, it doesn't matter. I enjoy the ease of use. I know it has issues, but so does a pull start, roto start and any other starting system. There is no one fool proof system. I know the blue wire may take some energy from the batter etc. Well, I was one that carried a glow ignitor in my pocket for a while and was convinced by someone on this forum and thread to just use the system for what it is. I now carry the one wand and am good to go. Yes, I have had a few issues but again, who doesn't.

I find it hard to believe that a major RC building company like Traxxas would build a system like the EZ-Start and keep putting them in the trucks over and over again to simply have it break, not work, or be unreliable all the time. If that was the case, Traxxas is a good enough company, that they would have ditched it themselves years ago.

As mentioned, each has their own opinion. For someone that likes to go out and run it with the kids and for fun, the EZ-Start is for me. That includes the blue wire. Maybe someday when I put a different motor in it my truck, I will go with something else. As for now, I will continue with the EZ-Start.