RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's A Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! (Part 2)
Old 09-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Fisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's A Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! (Part 2)

BJ64,

There is a site that sells full foam jet kits with fully built up bodies. It would be neat to build one of their models and get a sense of how flat foam can be turned into a full bodied fuse.

http://www.6mmflyrc.com/original-series/

I also saw where a builder simply took a flat foam jet and filled in the voids with solid foam and sanded to shape. The result was a bit heavier but by convincing. I own on of their Quick Build F-22's and it flies great.

Critter,

Sorry I have not been around for so long. I peek in now and then to see what is up. Looks like you are keeping busy. We purchased our first home, sent a daughter off to college and have been traveling quite a bit to see my mother who is fighting cancer. Last time I flew I put up my YardbirdRC YB-22, rolled inverted and then pulled up on the stick. Needless to say I now have a pile of foam pieces to glue back together.

I have also been responsible for the design and construction of 2 new recirculating fish hatcheries up here.

Take Care,

Fisher