RCU Forums - View Single Post - new cmp spitfire - man cmp is getting good
Old 10-03-2009, 06:26 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: new cmp spitfire - man cmp is getting good

Just for the record , (my opinion [X(]) I think all the original CMP planes had the engine sizes understated .
This is a great example , the 73" P40 showed a suggestion 140 thu 180 range , most guys used a 180 4 stroke , the specs on that plane are not far off at from the Spit that showed a 120 lol .
The spit carried two more servos then the stock non modified 73 " p40 , based on flaps so in reality should be heavier just based on suggested radio gear and when this was designed we did not have the high torque /light weight gear that is available today

The original importer who has exclusive rights to the CMP line was Giant scale planes based on Pa , I dont know why they had the engines suggesed so low , but we had 4 of these spits at our field over the last 12 years , all of them were baby giants and cream puffs to fly when powered with 140 and above engines . Remember I can not speak for the examples in this post , but a 120 4 stroke unless (a YS) will not give you the power to really get out of trouble . I am also not a guy who over powers anything however when you start to tweek these birds to take out some of the factory inherant defects you simply add more weight .
1)fuse typically tin cans when squeezed fix is add fliteskin to inside or a new fuse formers where needed
2)Flaps on the spit , too small , need to be made larger in order to really be effective (and or made scale )
3)the wing area is one of the largest offered by CMP and adds to the ease of flying this plane
4)I never met a CMP plane that you did not need to reinforce the retract bays to take the normal stress of landing