RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help me choose some F3A lipo packs
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 06:10 AM
john agnew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Help me choose some F3A lipo packs

Mark

Welcome to the world of watts, volts and amps! Just like first year physics again and that was fifty years ago for me. Like you I became interested in serious electric models a short time ago with the purchase of a second hand Angel 50 which came with two 6S packs a Rhino 3700 20C and a Maxaloy 4000 20C. After a couple of flights it was obvious that the Rhino pack gave much better performance than the Maxaloy. Several of the guys at my club were flying Wind 110's using Rhino packs and had good opinions of them.

I decided to stick with Rhinos and got some from Hobby King in Hong Kong at really excellent prices, £65 for a 4900 6S 20C delivered to UK. Like you I am also going 10S and on the advice of my fellow electric flyers invested in a Cellpro charger which is an excellent piece of kit able to charge two 5S packs at the same time and give you all of the information you require about internal resistance and indivivual cell voltage etc. My new Rhino packs seem to be excellent for the type of flying I am doing and I have ordered some more 5S packs at equally good prices.

regards

John