RCU Forums - View Single Post - GEE BEE R3 RACER??WOW!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 01:23 PM
mfuess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GEE BEE R3 RACER??WOW!!!

ORIGINAL: Glacier Girl

Well I wrapped up mine tonight. ''E'' powered!!! 1000+ watts spinning a 14 x 13 x 3 APC.
Couple of the things I did differently.
Added a simple cockpit and pilot, couldn't stand the open bare frame work showing.

Built the rudder and elevator controls inside so no linkages hanging out to spoil the view.

Added a pair of vents to exhaust the airflow, and blocked off most of the fire wall area to allow only airflow over the motor/esc/packs.

Cowl is magnetic latched, single screw on top locks the front of the main hatch, cowl, and fire wall together. Remove the screww, the cowl pops forward and makes the hatch easy to remove and install.

Added some holes at the rear of the hatch mount area to let air escape back into the fuselage and out the vent holes, so hopefully no popping off of the hatch.

Rebuilt the aileron servo mounts, and built covers, didn't like the whole top of the servo sticking out, now its just the arm. If I had thought ahead before I glued in the ailerons, I would have probably gone with torque rods so there was no linkages hanging out at all for the ailerons.

And finally replaced all the tires with rubber versions.

If the flying wires don't hold up, I'm going to order a set for the Hangar9 Camel for it. Hardware is much better quality, and comes with turnbuckles for adjusting the tension, so no clevises to deal with.

Excellent!!!!