RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is there more to AMA than paying your money and flying your model airplane?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:11 AM
koastrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is there more to AMA than paying your money and flying your model airplane?

I have a question sir. You ask the question: Is there more to AMA than paying your money and flying your toy airplane. My question is what is the objective of all this? You and others strike me as very clever people. You have some cool sayings. You make some good points. I enjoy some of the things that is posted. I still don't know why? Is it to change the AMA? Make the AMA better? Do away with the AMA?
I joined the AMA to compete. If my plane is better than your plane we needed a place or system to prove it. The birth of the AMA? We got a news letter every other month. It just had where the next contest would be. The AMA may of had One full time employee. Some time in the late sixties we got a news letter proclaiming the AMA had ten thousand members. The AMA has grown over the years as the members demand more from the AMA.
You are clever, perhaps you can help me understand why all the going on about the AMA.