RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum users BEWARE!
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 01:56 PM
saitofreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum users BEWARE!

ORIGINAL: wuhouse

What looks good on the outside may not be so on the inside and could cause you to loose your plane. Nearly happened to mine.

I use the Dx6i, a good TX, with Ar6200s, good full range rx suitable for nitro planes. As usual, I flew in the evening today, and after 2 short flights decided to packup and head home.

Back home, I was going through my equipment, and I really hated the messy wires in my Pilatus Porter, the plane I was flying earlier, and one of my favs. So I took out all the wires from the Ar6200 and rewired them nicely. And then I decided to BIND it again, something that I would usually do once and never bother to redo, dun ask me why I did it this time. Strange thing, the fella would not bind, with only the main RX's led blinking and NO led blinking on the remote RX! I though it was battery, quite unlikely, no harm trying a fresh pack. Same thing it would not bind. Something is WRONG! I unplugged everything and removed both rxs. On close I mean CLOSE inspection, I found the root cause......2 out of 3 wires connecting both Rxs broke at the remote RX end, nearly invisible, because the rubber was still attached to the small little white connector, but the copper wires inside already broke off and there was NO contact. I thought I was always careful with this connection cos it looks fragile. I don't quite understand how this can happen.

Anyway, if it had happened earlier in the field and worse during mid flight, I would have lost my plane! So my advise to all who's using the same equipment as mine, CHECK! I have 6 other AR6200s.
Could be caused by continuous vibration but could be a manufacturing defect too . Try to relieve the strain where the connector and cable join by securing the body of the cable to something solid using cable ties or Velcro. The idea would be to dampen the movement of the cable. Well spotted [sm=thumbup.gif]