RCU Forums - View Single Post - new to engine teardown.
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 10:52 PM
iceracer65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new to engine teardown.

ORIGINAL: dgz69er

also if the motor only has a gallon throught, there is a chance you won't need the zip tie, sometimes they will pop right out.

As for all the other stuff the hobby shop sold you, they took you. I've never used after run oil, and I don't know anybody who does. There are plenty of sponsored racers here in colorado. Just make sure you burn all the fuel out of your engine after you run. Start it a few times, you will know when its empty. After run oil from a hobby shop is a joke. It is transmission fluid. If your gonna use it, then go by some tranny fluid. Much cheaper.

Another thing on the engine. Set your oven to 350, let it warm up, and put your crank case in there for 10-15 minutes. Use pot holders when you take it out. That should make the sleeve come out easier, or use a hair dryer. The sleeve lets go much easier when the crank case has been heated up.
is this how you get the inner bearing out too?

are we sure about the 427 fitting in the m26? i need to order a piston/sleeve pronto...

what else do i need besides the piston/sleeve? clips for the wrist pin? anything else i should look for?

thanks!