RCU Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 10-T Nitro RTR Truggy!
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 05:39 PM
matthew__ruane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Losi 1/10 10-T Nitro RTR Truggy!

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

I'm not so sure.. I think in some ways it does make a lot sense.. It's an ideal starter RC for people new to the hobby.. I think RC has changed a lot in the last few years, and getting into it has become a lot more intimidating.. Racing has become a lot more central(which is annoying frankly.. It's time for a bashing renaissance..), and yeah, if you're just starting in RC, to jump right into racing is way too steep a curve.. - financially, as well as technically..

Three or four years ago you could buy an RTR Savage or Revo or whatever and just go have fun, even if you fried an engine along the way.. This is just a new user-friendly, albeit high end, way to get into RC.. Real RC - i.e., nitro...
Electrics are becoming cheaper and faster. Nowadays the only real reason to get a Nitro is to hear the engine. Electrics, when looked at in an unbiased manner, are cheaper, cleaner, and easier to maintain. Most beginners don't have the time or money to start with a Nitro anyway.

Once uber-high capacity batteries become more affordable, and runtimes equal to those of Nitros become availble, Nitro will be on it's way out quick in my opinion.

Why would people bother spending 30$ a gallon for fuel if you can just spend roughly the same for a battery that will last many many many times longer and give more performance?