Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Two interesting new vehicles from Losi

ORIGINAL: Checkpointracer

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: luvdisstuff

ORIGINAL: Steve.

ORIGINAL: luvdisstuff

ORIGINAL: Druss

That buggy looks a lot like the vintage Tamiya and Kyosho buggies from the 80's very cool.
It certainly does. But Im afraid to buy a Losi product as they appear to be unreliable rigs.
My son and I have owned several Losi cars and trucks and for the most part have had good luck until I purchased a Losi Comp Crawler. In my opinion Losi has gone downhill over the past few years, since being acquired by Horizon. They are more interested in pumping out ''toys'' rather than the race ready cars they used to. My biggest complaint is that they released a vehicle that was clearly not ready for release. The LCC has numerous issues, weak CVs, drive pins that regularly fall out, tires that rub suspension links, bad worms, incorrect pinion angle, etc. What bothers me is that they are letting their customers beta test for them. Even more frustrating is that when I purchased the LCC I chose my motor and ESC based on their website's recommendation, at the time they were suggesting a 55t turn motor. They couldn't have suggested a worse combo, did they even test different motors and ESCs ? I look at the purchase as more of a $400 mistake. Even more sad is that when I asked them to send me out new CVD pins they said they were all out and suggested that I cut some piano wire as a makeshift pin. At this point I have pretty much given up on Losi and doubt I'll ever buy one again.
Very well put. They use the consumer to test run the product than and only than will they redisign it if it doesnt work. Sometimes I think that their entire r& d dept. is us the consumer. That is why I stay away from Losi.I have owned two losis and both dont run and I wont fix them again.
I am sorry, but Losi went to hundreds of different tracks in different countries to test their 8ight/8T and 2.0 designs. Not to mention thousands of hours of R&D from all the Losi drivers and designiers.

Let me guess what the 2 Losi's were- mini or micro and some 1/10 rtr crap? If im correct, taht is what sells and allows Losi to pay soo much money on R&D for their race products.

I think you're missing the point. I'm pretty sure everyone would agree that the 8ights are great cars, but the stuff I've had from losi was trash(micro-t and xxx-t). A good company makes quality rc's in all types and classes, not just 1/8th scale.

EDIT: I think you're definetly right when you say that losi sells crap to pay for their R&D of their race products. That is a horrible way to treat a customer and one reason why I try to stay away.
The XXX-T CR are still good trucks. Losi's Factory Team drivers still run them for 1/10 electric only making few mods from box stock.

The micro-t was designed to be a car for rainy days inside the house, now I see people with lipo batteries and brushless motors and I think to myself, a car that small wan't made to be that fast. Do you know how many scale mph going 30 in a 1/36 is? [X(]