RCU Forums - View Single Post - parkzone BF 109 touchdown issues
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 02:05 PM
DaveJ_RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: parkzone BF 109 touchdown issues

ORIGINAL: johnpcunningham

I put the ME109 up this weekend without the flaps option. I found that putting the ailerons in spoileron mode (both up) versus flaperon mode (both down) made the plane float nicely and come in like the T-28. Just a little bit of down elevator and it landed perfectly. Before hand I was landing normally or with flaperons and noticed I had to land fast or it would tip stall or flip forward and do a 3-point with the prop. Going to spoileron mode fixed all of that. Simple flick of the toggle switch on the radio. Consult your radio guide on how to set it up - You will need individual RX controls (no Y splitter) to setup flaperon/spoileron modes.

JC
I just assembled my BF-109, but I haven't flown it yet. I'm worried about landing it, so I want to try the "spoileron" solution. Sounds like a cool alternative to adding flaps. I think we can use the stock AR-500 receiver and separate the ailerons by putting one of them on the GEAR channel, is that right?

If I remember correctly, I think my radio's manual (Spektrum DX7) mentions FLAP and AUX1 channels for flaperon/spoileron setup, but I assume it can be done with the GEAR channel as well. I'll find out soon enough. Assuming all goes well, I'll let everyone know how the maiden flight goes!