RCU Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/18 mini desert buggy
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 09:28 PM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi 1/18 mini desert buggy

After 2 years of fooling around with helis & airplanes, I thought I'd give RC cars or trucks a try. I checked the ads & saw the 1/18 losi mini desert buggy & just had to have it! I have no clue why! LOL I ordered it last week. I know nothing about this stuff!

It came today! The batts are on the charger.... I've got a fancy charger (Turnigy ACCUCEL-6) that's supposed to charge anything, if you know of any good links for NiHm batts please let me know. I've been using nothing but LiPos, so far.

In case you don't know, it's a 2 wd (rear) electric RC buggy with 4 independent shocks, Losi electronics, 3 wire servo, I'll need to open it up to see what else there is!

Here's what came in the box:

green Losi 1/18 mini desert buggy (didn't get a choice of color when I ordered but I really like the green, also comes in red & blue)
Losi Spektrum 2.4 gHz DSM Tx & 4 "AA" heavy duty batts
7.2v 1100mAH NiHm batt
Instruction manual (color version available on the web)
A sheet of stickers (?)
A plastic bag with some tools (Allen wrench, plastic nut driver, what looks like a replacement batt cover, a sheet of small different thickness "C" shaped things!)
The graphics on the package were something to see.

First impression - sweeeet. It looks well made & pretty sturdy. However, one of the rear shocks is very stiff & won't return to full up. I guess a little tweaking out of the box is required. Though at this point I have no idea what to do.

Here's a link to [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0204]HorizonHobby[/link]. Make sure to watch the vid.

If you know of any good links for beginner drivers, I would appreciate knowing about them.

Please be sure to post any comments, suggestions, etc. for this thread & I'll do my best to make it happen.

The batts are ready, time to figure out how to get them inside this thing!

Chuck

SPARES
batt
Silicone shock oil, 30 wt (LOSA5224) or depending on the surface you drive on anything else (10 through 70 wt)
Shock rebuild kit for 2 shocks (LOSB1299) - better off buying upgraded shocks according to everybody!
Shock rear shaft (LOSB1298)
Shock front shaft (LOSB1297)
D@mn little e-clips (LOSB1043)
Fr & rear pieces kit (LOSB1123)

Upgrades
Shocks, aluminum (LOSB1110)
[link=http://www.hobbypartz.com/hobbywing-ezrun-18a-18t-brushless-combo.html]Potential BL[/link]
Upgraded batts ( I bought Fusion Power 7.2V 1500mAh NiMh Ultra Power but they were a close out!)

Here's the first pics:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pn35964.jpg
Views:	761
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	1307585   Click image for larger version

Name:	oj28422.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1307586   Click image for larger version

Name:	ty65098.jpg
Views:	358