RCU Forums - View Single Post - Do you do your own repairs or take it to the LHS?
Old 11-06-2009, 06:29 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Do you do your own repairs or take it to the LHS?

in my personal opinion repairing you rc is part of the hobby...in my mind if your not mechanically inclined to repair your own stuff then you should take up a different past time...reason I say this is if you cant repair your rc your surelly not maintaining it properly....let alone tune it if it is a nitro...could you imagine having to have someone tune for you everytime you wanted to run..lol...

sure a person needs to learn....but if the person has patients and is willing to listen and follow directions its not that difficult (to me anyways, but I'm a mechanic by trade...lol)...I thought thats what these forums were all about...to help one another out...but all to often I get people asking me what I think is wrong and then just have someone else fix it....some I've just plain asked why they bother asking me, cause I know they were just going to take it and have someone else work on it anyway...lol....I'm all for helping someone..

some people see me run and come ask about the hobby...some asked were would you take one to have it worked on..I tell them I do all my own repairs...then they asked if I would fix theirs if they was to buy one...I told them I would instruct them but wouldnt do the work..lol...thats when I tell them if they want something to pull of the shelf, play with it and put it back on the shelf its prolly not the hobby for them