RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best upgrades for my Duratrax Raze buggy
Old 11-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Tom76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best upgrades for my Duratrax Raze buggy

ORIGINAL: cobra26

Let me say right off - I have two Raze Buggies and a Raze ST, and love 'em all! I have not found much needed in the way of upgrades, but have added the sway bars to my buggies (the ST came with them!). They do help keep the buggy planted in the turns and are definitely better than NOT having them. I have put silicone oil in the diffs of one buggy (5,000R, 10,000C, 2,000F). Obviously not the right combination as I have greater understeering now, soI may bump the fronts to 3,000 or 4,000 - I'm going to have to experiment. The other buggy and my ST are still running with grease in the differentials. I may also start experimenting with different weights in the shocks, but for now they are all stock.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise; I own an OFNA Hyper 7, Hyper 7 Black, Caster K8-T, and RC10-GT, and my Raze buggies have little trouble keeping up with any of them - and will fly past the GT. They are VERY durable and consistent running, and a ball to run!
Cobra, you should try swapping your rear diff with the front, that is why you have a lot of understeer. Your rear diff oil is too thick.
Good luck!