RCU Forums - View Single Post - WHAT IS THE BEST ENGINE FOR AN ULTRASPORT 1000????
Old 11-21-2009, 11:25 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: WHAT IS THE BEST ENGINE FOR AN ULTRASPORT 1000????

ABDs plane looks really good with the two cylinders sticking out the side, very nice job. This week I finally got to fool around with one of the DLE engines, the 55. Fool around is a very loose term, it ran perfect right out of the box. I was really impressed with the performance of the engine. Some of the guys I fly with are buying the 30 so I may get to play with one of them soon. Maybe not if they are as good as this 55 is. I noticed the post by TWN about the SPE and the need for a new ignition after you buy the engine??I have seen several engines that required different/better ignitions, the Zenoah G-20 was one of them often mentioned and a number of the engines coming over from China. When you tack on another $100.00 + bucks for a new ignition it sort of takes away the savings or deal of the cheap engine idea???? Just wondering why anyone would bother?? It's worth reading the gas engine forum to see what is going on before you put down any money.