RCU Forums - View Single Post - How to make my rustler faster then jato?
Old 11-30-2009, 02:22 AM
rufus2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to make my rustler faster then jato?

ORIGINAL: getamped0809

I own a traxxas rustler, and I want to be able to keep up with a jato or go faster then a jato. We drag race our nitro cars/trucks every weekend and most of the guys that are out at the races run jato's. We have 2 drag strips setup, one is 175 ft, and the other is 340 ft. If I race a jato at either distance, I lose by a few rc car lengths. I have already upgraded my rustler to a trx 3.3 and that helped a little, but not enough. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
well if you want to upgrade your nitro rustler then the O.S. 18 like mentioned here would be a great choice, it does produce about the same power as a big block, just lighter less weight (that will help you in acceleration.)
But if you really want to make sure, get an electric brushless stadium truck and put a 4S lipo in it, a 3S lipo is just as fast as the jato so a 4S is guaranteed to kill it... if you want to get insane get one of the new mamba max pro's motor systems (those will let you run higher voltage lipos, up to 6S) ask in the electric forums if you'd like to go this way. These ain't little timmy's electric toys. The amount of power you get with these systems nowadays is mind blowing.