RCU Forums - View Single Post - Newbie With A Rustler - Mod Suggestions?
Old 12-01-2009, 06:01 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie With A Rustler - Mod Suggestions?

carpet you'll want foams made by Jaco
pavement foams again or something like 30 series road rages from proline or road weapons from losi
dirt track depending on the dirt anything loose, grass, sand rocks, general bashing i'm gunna say 30 series proline badlands for a loose track bowties 30's if you want for a harder track holeshots or something similar with a smaller tigheter pin design all those tires are made by proline,

for bl systems also give novaks havoc and castles SW systems a look at, both are budget systems but don't skimp on power, i have the SW 4600 combo and on a 2s lipo i push my evader to around 35, my B4 a bit faster, and it doesn't dissapoint on TQ with the stock mounting holes i couldn't control wheelies with punch control at 50% and low timing, and high gearing, i ended up moding the shock tower to drop the rear end down significanly to go control wheelies, on a matched 6cell it wasn't so bad but wheelies were still no problem

as for balancing, lipo's you need a charger that can balance the packs or an extrenal blancer like an Astroflight blinky which is what i have, or similar, this is very important to do with lipos so that a voltage imbalnce doesn't form and grow with the cells causing over charging or disshcaring which can lead to a big boom but thats in very dramatic cases most of the time you'll get a puffed cell and then have to dispose of the pack

if you're going brushless i'd get all metal gears you tranny a plastic diff gear and it WILL fail the spur is fine but your diff may go under heavier power i run a plastic diff and its good under 2s and a 6 cell but i have yet to bump up the power to anything higher

the lug