RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA charges too much
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 07:12 AM
Mode One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA charges too much

AMA Charges to much, in comparison to what? Have you checked what it costs to be a member of a similar organization?

I don't have a problem with your opinion it costs to much; however, I don't feel the same way.

Here are some additional things the AMA helps model airplane enthusiasts with, which I feel are important:

1). I feel that Model Aviation is one of the best magazine on the subject of model aviation.
2). The insurance is important to me also.
3). The organization is in the process of meeting with FAA officials to discuss altitude limitations for model airplanes being discussed. This is a current issue before us at this time and typical of the actions the AMA takes to protect our ability to fly model airplanes.
4). The AMA has helped many clubs find and/or keep flying sites.
5). More important then the personal secondary liability coverage for model fliers, is the site owner coverage provided by the AMA for the owner of the property the flying is taking place from. This provides insurance coverage for the owner of the property at no cost to the owner, covering them for possible liability for our model flying. This certainly makes it much more attractive for an owner to give permission to a club to fly from their property. Obtaining this coverage is at additional cost and is one reason it is good to organize a club to defray this cost.
6). The organization provides a National Contest once a years, for those interested in competition to compete at. Although I have little interest in model airplane competitions, the process helps further development in the equipment I use.

There are more reasons I feel my $58.00 dues are worth their cost. If your interested in finding out more, spend some time at the AMA website reading up on the benefits of being a member.

Like I said, I feel it is reasonable for you to feel the way you do! Please honor my opinions, by not giving me a nasty drubbing because you disagree!