RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA charges too much
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 09:17 PM
flashpilot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA charges too much

I can't agree more. Firstly I am invited to come see my flying site in Muncie. It is always booked for something or some SIG. At one time I had hopes of getting to a Nats but now it resides in Muncie,fat chance that I will go 1500 miles. No hope of it ever getting closer unless an eart quake happens. Also AMA said when they bought the Passadena show it would help keep our dues down, right a year or so later up it went. The magazine as far as I am concerned is garbage with all the battery powered crap. I paid into the AMA since 1970 and am probably going to get out,they built their self serving organization on my and many others dues. I liken them to both the FCC and the AARP each has an angle. The FCC made CB and found they could not control it. I see the AMA as now having found they did not recognize the new memberships they wanted even after making a special membership for those that fly the Fisher Price toys. Now they are losing membership of us old guys that are fed up. Don't over look your power with the money the AMA runs on $$$$ just like our planes run on glow fuel or gas. Look at the campaign for new member they just had, tell me they aren't hurting. I had privy to see the numbers of people they have lost by each state and it is substantial. Lastly I have been flying RC since about 1970, the only time I have ever been shot down was by an electric flier who was visiting our field. No the AMA can turn their electrics into screw drivers or mixers or some other household product. Like the old saying says " Money talks" and the AMA saw visions of dollars in the electric people. Unfortunately for them the electric people have no use for them either. No I am no longer a supporter of the AMA, I do not want to pay for their mistakes again.