Thread: Page Boy
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 09:54 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Page Boy

Thanks guys, it was a fun build.

I decided to put landing gear on it. I made a big staple looking thing and stuck it through the floor of the plane then used tri-stock to keep it against the bulkhead, then splayed them. I think they look a little leggy so I'm going to shorten them some. I added some "ailerons and flaps" with a marker.

I flew it last night......kind of. My first attempt at taking off the gym floor just got me left-hand turns, I didn't bring any tools to adjust the landing gear so I decided to just have it hand-launched. It flew with plenty of power, but I had way too much throw in the rudder. I was really rocking the wings so I quickly landed it. If I had been outside I would have just put it up high until I could settle it down, but the gym's wall was fast approaching and I didn't want to roll it over on it's back trying to make a turn. I took out 50% of the throw for the second attempt, but I didn't realize the guy hand-launching it was an ex-knuckle-ball pitcher..... he let it go in about a 90* bank, gees how hard is it to just give a straight shove? I can now say the landing gear mount will take anything you can give it, when it hit the gym floor it bent back about 60*, but nothing broke but the prop. I didn't have a spare prop so that was it for the night, now I'll just wait for a clam day for it's next test flight.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56637.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1336241   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64866.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	1336242   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl20386.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	61.2 KB