RCU Forums - View Single Post - ASM F-7F Tigercat
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 04:51 AM
Brad330l
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ASM F-7F Tigercat

Well Guys I carried out the required repairs including the air leak, gear door hinge and suspected cracked rear end. I also drilled out the Robart air line restrictors with a 1/32nd drill to get a bit more of a positive retraction of the main gear (only) so the gear doors have more of a chance of closing.
So the air leak[:@] turns out it was the nipple from the tank that was loose. NOW,, I must state that it was not the tank supplied with the retracts!!! I changed tanks because I had a shorter, fatter one that seemed to fit better on top of the wing the way I positioned everything. So I mixed up some 30 minute and fiberglass fibers and glued it just like the ASM tank is. NO LEAK NOW

The gear door hinge was simply Dremeled out and replaced.
The dremel came in handy at the tail too as I made a couple of 1/2" square holes to drip some Zap into. This fixed the broken tail instantly and I simply cut out some 'panel hatches' out of styrene sheet, removed some paint from the area and glued them on with Tamiya plastic model glue thus melting them together for a nice strong join.

So I got to run the engines again today down the field. I put almost two tanks through and called it a day.
Next week I will taxi and fly.
I came home and cut the cowls (works out when I went to bolt them on they needed clearence for the exhausts). I extended the needle valve wires another inch for easier operation and cut the pipe exits as well. Now all I need is some pipe extentions and carry out CoG checks and I can fly it. Cool.[8D]

Cheers,

Brad
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24395.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1338056   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74257.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	1338057   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze86269.jpg