RCU Forums - View Single Post - My parkzone HABU
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 06:23 PM
wind junkie
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My parkzone HABU

ORIGINAL: kyleandtavion

Ok so I picked up the new Habu yesterday and had it ready to go in about 15 minutes. I bought the bnf version but I Fly futaba 2.4 so I sold the receiver and got another battery. Run time with a 14.8 3300 35c hyperion was about 4-5 minutes. When I recharged the battery I was able to put a little more than 2200 in so it consumed 66-70 percent of the battery. This plane flies very well great aerobatics.... great low speed flying and very easy to land in my opinion. So I am pleased with this product...

That was the positives and here are the negatives although these may not apply to you but this is how I like my planes to fly. Vertical power not so great.... on a full speed pass point it straight up into vertical and it would stall out and nose over after about 50 feet. Top speed I would say it is about as fast as a gremlin about 80-95 mph 95 on the generous side.

My fix.... I have to have unlimited vertical and I would like top speed to be in the 115-140 speed so I will be trying differnt fan units and different motors. Possibly even a 5s or 6s battery as well.

I will have more info tommorrow I plan on at least running a 6s battery tommorrow. Will update this post then.

Kyle
Kyle,

Did you mean to say 500 feet there? Mine gets a good 5 seconds after pull up till the vertical rolls get too slow for me and then I pull back into a reverse cuban, so I didn't let it stall. That's right in the neighborhood of 500 feet. I didn't test the top speed with a gun yet but I agree with your estimation.

Joe