RCU Forums - View Single Post - Progression of MK Kits
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 12:11 PM
CaptainBlueSky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Progression of MK Kits

Hi Flywilly, Aurora 60 and all model builders,

thank you for all these interesting informations you are so kindly sharing.

This will be added to my list of all kits produced by Marutaka for Royal [link=http://rcroyal.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=32]MARUTAKA/ROYAL/MK KITS LIST[/link] , as M. Kato was also drawer/designer for Marutaka/ Royal kits.

Some of the early kits found in Royal products line were produced before by MK Kato Model Aircraft Co. Ltd kits ( Simply labelled as MK on box)

I have a 1875 mm Wingspan MK Junkers 87 D-5 which is very similar to the Royal/Marutaka kit N°6 but no kit number printed on mine, may be your brochure can help?

Flywilly, if you ever scanned your MK brochure, I would be very happy to receive a copy of it by email, if you don't mind.

Any information that would enable me to complete the list of MK, Royal and/or Marutaka models is most welcome, please post it or email me if you prefer.
I will then be able to make a separate list for all three: MK, Royal and Marutaka.

The numbering for those last two is quite different and confusing.
For example, the 0.60 size Royal 1/6 Zero is kit number 1 in Royal listing as in last Marutaka catalogs but I have a very old MARUTAKA Zero, same scale 1/6 showing kit number 6. Same wingspan of 1592 mm.

Also If anyone has a nice picture ( 800 x ... is a good enough res but I will resize if needed) of any of these models, please do not hesitate and email it to me, so I can put it to illustrate and color a little bit these listings, making them more attractive and, may be, this could motivate more people to build one of these old but always beautiful and pleasant to fly designs.

Happy New Year to all !!