RCU Forums - View Single Post - rebuild or parts
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 01:05 AM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: rebuild or parts

ORIGINAL: paladin

I have an old pantiger that my grand kid drove the snott out of. it is now sitting in my work shop taking up space because i just can't fixit without spending $$$$. this is a list of what is wrong:

drive sprockets both shot. $12.00
both drive sprocket spindle gears (plastic) are split $29.00
tx spring attachment point for turret turn is missing.
tx fire/gun elevation gimbol missing slide contact
the gun has not fired since day one (raiden tech)

i'm thinking this is a parts tank because the cost to repair is very close to a new tank. this was not a smoke & sound tank so getting a tx only is tought.

what are your thoughts? rebuild or attick?

Joe
hi joe,

I bought two Pantigers when they first came out with smoke & sound. I was so sicked by their appearance that I couldn't even bring my self to drive them. I started to make then presentable but stopped when I switched over to Tamiya tanks with battle systems. I have a bunch of parts I will give you for free so that your grandson and you may build fond memories just like I have of my grandfather when I grew up in Queens, NYC. He used to take me all over the City and to America's Hobby Center for trains and models. My two daughters never knew either of their grand dads as they both passed on.
I would like to make you two a happy team again. PM me via this forum and mention Vestal, NY. I go thru there on my way to fish Oneida Lake and the Salmon River. I like the Beaver Kill and Willowemac rivers too.
God Bless, Bob thecommandernj
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91305.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	1347026