RCU Forums - View Single Post - vulcan 1/8 nitro car problem
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: vulcan 1/8 nitro car problem

ORIGINAL: premvijay

Dear Mr.Argess, thanks for the tips but now i seem to be enveloped myself with a new problem. grateful for ur kind views and suggestions.
After having the gas leak thing fixed I put some fuel in the tank and wanted to start the engine for the first time (please remember this is my first nitro car and I had not even tested it apart from putting fuel).
I inserted new batteries both in the receiver as well as the radio. I switched on the radio first and then the receiver, upon switching on the receiver a small noise was made and the servos moved a bit (tiny bit) when I wanted to check on the throttle there was no movement, similarly for the st trim and the th trim.
I have taken a video where u will see only a tiny movement of the servo on switching on the receiver and after that nothing happens (I hope the video is good enough) even if I try to turn the st or th. Kindly advise as I believe it is not servo issue as it moves a tiny bit when I switch on the receiver. Grateful if u could suggest ways to resolve my problem. Thanks a lot. One more question is whether we can replace servos of RC Helis in the nitro cars or would I have to buy the entire receiver radio combination as I have two spare servo of heli.
The link to the video in u tube is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJRz_ug5zXE
First the Radio. I watched your video. It was a little hard for me to see what was going on,, plus the sound dissapeared shortly into the video, so no hearing anything either. It appeared you had some throttle/brake control, or did you?

With the Tx ON, it is normal ot hear a small noise from the servos when you turn on the RX as they move to the postion dictated by the TX, even if that means everything is just trying to center. I found the steering servo woefully underpowered. It wouldnt' turn the wheels while sitting on the workbench. Try lifting your vehicle up in that air and try the steering. Also make sure your D/R thumbwheell on the TX is not turned down. I put in a HS 65HB (had to make some mods to the servo mounts, but it works fine....so you may have a better one in your heli parts box):

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKYL4&P=ML

So ...is there any response at all when you use the TX? If not, make sure your TX and RX crystals are installed tightly and that the TX one is in the TX and the RX one is in the RX.....they arn't the same. TX antenna screwed in? RX antenna unraveled? Batteries are installed corectly and are not dead.

Still no response? Disconnect one servo from the RX...say disconnect the steering one first. Now see if the throttle/brake works. If the throttle now works, it could be the steering servo, or steering mechanism is jammed and in trying to move, loads the RX batteries, dropping the voltage, and niether servo works. Next, try the steering servo and disconnect the throttle servo. I foudn my steering servo not only week, but there was some binding in the steering parts that made it worse.

Please report back with as much info as you can determine and I'll see if I can help narrow down anything a little more.

Note: This is your first Nitro? Your vehicle isn't the easiest one to deal with. I find the engine finickity to start until it is broken-in, and even then requires some fiddling each time I run it, dependant on the weather. I have some other info...I'll see if I can find it and cut and paste it here.