RCU Forums - View Single Post - US version of new 9X - reason?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2003, 03:17 AM
Aero330LX
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default US version of new 9X - reason?

Hi,
I am one that would say NO to switch assignability. I don't know where this idea came from or why, but I see no reason to change the normal locations for the rate switches. I don't want to be handed a Tx. that has that ability that way I know out of habit I won't flip the wrong switch. 3d rate switches can already be done on these radios. I was handed one of those transmitters that had that 'musical switches' stuff one time and it was so screwed up I couldn't fly the airplane for fixating on where the dang switches had been moved to. I won't do that again, and when people ask me, I ask them to program the switches back where they are supposed to be and i can fly it. I like the idea of leaving them where they are...they are there for a reason and once you get used to a position why would you want to change that? Whenever I buy a new radio I sit down with it and just watch TV while moving the sticks and reaching for switches to get used to where they are. When I have to flip one quick I'm assured that the right switch is where it's supposed to be.