RCU Forums - View Single Post - How do you handle RC trades/sales?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 01:37 PM
rast4man
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do you handle RC trades/sales?

That is what I primarily do in my business and I've been very successful with communication and levels of support. However, this being RC trades kind of makes a different scenario IMO. I definitely grasp what you're saying but it seems that most people I've dealt with, communicate almost immediately when a package is shipped or received. What makes it tough is the mere fact that there are people out there that aren't honest. Who knows what their intentions are. I always try to see the good in people and give them the benefit of the doubt, but it's a little unnerving when you don't get communication for an expensive item you shipped first.

To add to what I'm dealing with here is an example of the transaction:

Up until the item was "delivered" to the destination, I was getting complete communication on all aspects (email, phone, text, etc). Once the item was delivered, the communication literally shut off and THAT is what is making me a little nervous. I definitely covered my bases by making a video of what I sent, to whom it was sent to and what the transaction was for. I also did an official invoice from my company and also made an "official offer" on the car and has yet to be accepted. Like I said, I try to see the good in everyone but when it's thousands of miles away and I don't hear anything, I have to think about the pros and cons and what I would have to do in order to recoup my products back if something happens.

ORIGINAL: Access

Sometimes if you get a lot of e-mails or communications (private messages or such) you can't always reply to every one. There is such a thing as information overload or saturation. Try to structure your communications in such a way that no response is a positive response. This will cut down on pointless communications and make for a more efficient use of your own time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communication_theory

For instance a self-terminating message like "Your ... was shipped today. Your satisfaction is important to us. If you are not satisfied in any way with the<product> or our service, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will do whatever we can to rectify the situation." The customer will contact you _only_ if he is unhappy. If the customer is happy, no further contact is necessary. If most of your customers are happy, a setup like this is ideal.
</product>