RCU Forums - View Single Post - Stealth boat
Thread: Stealth boat
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 05:45 PM
sundogz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stealth boat

ORIGINAL: Swanseajack87

Ohhhhh. Speed controller? What is onvolved in getting this changed, is it major work? If you go on you tube and type in fruits rc boat, that is the stealth with brushless motors and two 13.2V batteries. Its a flier and I would love to get mine as quick as that but don't know what motors to get etc.
I am a fan of converting toy boats but it can get pricey. This is the same boat as the NQD High Wind and the Ed Hardy Viper. It has vector steering which means it turns by having 1 prop slow down. It is a proprietary receiver/esc so you can't tweak it really. I have the Viper and converted it to Jet Drive (do a search in 'all things jet drive' for 'batboat'). It is spunky now. Or several people have converted it to single prop surface drive - do a search on the High Wind on this forum. But to hop it up (brushless) you would need two B/L motors, two esc's, and a stick transmitter with 'V' tail presets. They do this with Tug boats and some planes. Gets real pricey!

If you know the speed (kv) or number of windings of the stock motors, you could get faster (lower number of windings) brushed motors but you still won't know if the esc/receiver will handle the amps required until you try it. Another fella on Youtube has tried 9.6v batteries (8c) with the stock radio with success - but it didn't appear to go very much faster. I'd like to see someone get these to go faster cheaply. If you try it and it fries the radio, I've still got the (new - never used) guts & radio to the Viper here somewhere and you're welcome to it. Just post your build and lots of pics! Sdg.