RCU Forums - View Single Post - O.K, Who are you and Why?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Alex7403

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: O.K, Who are you and Why?

Why am I here at RCU?
Well I just like radio controlled airplanes and as I was helped at the beginning so I’m trying to help others as well, sometimes I learn a lot of stuff just from looking at pictures people post.

How I got into RC?
When I was about 13 in the 80’s I was building plastic and paper models than I was reading books of pilots from WW2 – “Dam Busters” and “The Big Show” I was very impressed.
Once some friend of the family asked me if these plastic airplanes can fly, well the gears in the head started turning and I went to an airfield where people were flying RC airplanes to get an idea what needs to be done to make it fly.
As a kid I liked building stuff and particularly liked engines and mechanical stuff, I knew where the RC field because it was near the junkyard where I used to spend time.
My parents were worried about me spending time out of the house so they said find yourself some sort of activity for after school, well the choice was obvious – airplanes.

I went to an after school activity club where kids were building gliders, cable lines and RC airplanes all from scratch, it was the 80’s and at that time in Israel it was an economical resection and I couldn’t afford RC airplanes so I started building a cable line airplane for a black widow 0.049, from that day that’s it my head was working around it.

Than came military service, engineering degree and in the year 1999 I got by mistake(?) to tower hobbies website, well the seeds where there all the time and a new RC package appeared and very fast I was flying a trainer, funny but the instructor was some guy I meat then at that club.
Than in 2002 immigration to the US and since 2006 I’m in RC world, I’m 41 years of age now and I’m in his hobby because I need to build something.
Now I’m working on a Goldberg chipmunk.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23620.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	1352378   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30954.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	1352379   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67165.jpg
Views:	29