RCU Forums - View Single Post - ME Snipe 1.5cc
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 05:45 AM
ffkiwi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ME Snipe 1.5cc

The usual arrangement with this sort of structural setup (also common to the DC Merlin/Spitfire/Sabre series) with the cylinder liner located by a flange sealing on a shelf in the upper crankcase, retained by the fins screwing over the top of the liner into the top of the crankcase, is a gasket UNDER the exhaust flange of the liner-to seal the transfer path from blowby, and the head fins screw down ONTO the exhaust flange. which bears down on the gasket underneath. It would be unusual to encounter a gasket between the upper side of the flange and the underside of the screw-in fins-unless this was intended to resist the fins unscrewing during running. If there is a gasket it is likely to be paper-or possibly a red fibre one 1/32" thick or less (much less if paper, ~ 1/32" if fibre). Unfortunately the AM 66 Engine test I mentioned earlier does not show any photos of the fully stripped engine, only a shot of the new and old piston cylinder units, and another separate shot of the carb components.

'ffkiwi'