RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight__88"__Edge 540T__Build
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 10:28 PM
victorzamora

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight__88

Well, I maidened the plane today. It is incredible! I didn't find a flaw. Even in HAKE it was sturdy. Roll rate was great. KE required 10% roll mixing opposite rudder (right rudder rolled the plane right). Hover was solid albeit brief. Verticals seemed to have no issues. I did one gentle wall and it snapped up like a champ with no hint of falling out of it. Snaps were nice and crisp. Harriers were sturdy. With my forward CG, it had a HINT of wing rock doing an elevator...but I realized that I had both ailerons drooping about a quarter inch, fixed that, and it fixed the wing rock. The plane is floaty, but doesn't balloon on landing. It reacts gently but promptly and does everything that I asked of it. I have the sneaking suspicion that this plane is going to outfly me for a LONG, LONG time. If anyone is considering this plane and is holding off for any reason...stop holding off. The only flaw I had is that I didn't secure the tail wheel properly and lost part of the tail wheel assembly on one of the flights...but that's definitely my fault. For the record, I used some down elevator to get the tail off of the ground...and I flew it again anyway .