RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official HPI E-10 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 09:21 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI E-10 Thread

ORIGINAL: NitroRX7

Hello, I ordered my E10 and it should be in soon. I would like to make it into a rally car. My question is, what do I need to change to make it tougher for rally? I dont plan on doing any insane jumps and that kinda thing but I do want to run on dirt courses and maybe take small jumps and things like that. I know the tires must be changed seeing I got the 95 dollar ARTR drift model...anything else as far as the shocks springs or ground clearance? Thanks for any help...I have had few rc cars but want to try my hand at a rally car. Any help would be much appreciated!
hummmm... sounds like fun, not to shure the E-10 would make a good rally car even compared to the 20 year old tamiya DF01 chassis
the biggest problems are going to be the lack of ground clerance & lack of caster.
im using the upgrade hpi shocks & have rasied my car but its still only has about 10mm ground clerance. (could be raised another 4mm) even then i dont think it will have enuff ground clerance, pluss the springs in the stock & upgrade shocks are way to hard. i cant explaing how excessivly hard these springs are for off road & the car does not have unuff sag on the shocks or even enuff travel, in short it would handle like it has no suspension & going over bumps it would lift wheels of the ground & get stuck on the chassis.

it could be done tho, all u would need to do is make a rally track that the terrain does not change by more than 10mm but good luck with that, most older out door pavers change by 4mm & thats a flat surface

i would problary maby look into the yeah racing shocks not the hpi ones, might get more ground clerance