RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of jumping ship from Futaba to Hitec
Old 01-17-2010, 02:40 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thinking of jumping ship from Futaba to Hitec

ORIGINAL: dszydel I, too, have only used Futaba for many years. I've been looking to upgrade from 72MHz to 2.4GHz but didn't want to buy a bunch of receivers. But along came this deal from Hitec where you get an awesome radio that comes with 1 receiver, a coupon for a second receiver for free, and another coupon for a 3rd receiver for $39.99. I'm currently on the back order list with Tower Hobbies and I'm excited to hear that they dropped the price another $30! I used to be in the mindset of brand loyalty, but with so many people being loyal to certain companies, these companies sort of take us for granted. The proof of this is in their prices. The Futaba 10CG sells for $650 with 1 receiver. A JR X9503 sells for $550 with 1 receiver.
If I stuck with Futaba and got the 10CG with 3 receivers, I would have paid an additional $470 over the price I paid for the A9 ! To me that's another model I can buy now. Don't fool yourself into thinking that you should be loyal to a brand. They need to be loyal to their customers by giving us the best products for the lowest prices - and good competition helps balance this.
As an added bonus if buying an Aurora 9ch,exisiting Futaba owners wanting extra receiverscan also upgrade their module based Futaba TX with
Spectra 2.4GHz Module & 2-Optima 7Chcombo being cheaper than simply buying two extra 7ch receivers.
Further information
Coupons and Pricing Comparisons

Aurora A9 - Fly RC Product Review by Scott Stoops with Bob Aberle & Thayer Syme
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links