RCU Forums - View Single Post - How many mistakes do you make building kits??
Old 01-19-2010, 09:44 AM
richardgerardi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many mistakes do you make building kits??

I have built six kits 3 in the early 1980's and 2 finished in the past 3 years including some ARFs. I made 2 mistakes with the Astro Hog the rudder was hinged with too much gap but easily fixed and the block that is glued under the wing to meet with the fuse I glued it onto the fuse. Also fixed. Built the Kougar and the fuse was crooked after some surgery it looks better but cover it in Corsair blue and can't see it. Both fly great. I am in the process of finishing the CG anniversary Cub. The fuse was the best I ever did until many mistakes happened. 1- right wing perfect left wing is warped. 2- glued the ailerons control horns upside down needed major surgery. 3- Glued the stabb and fin this weekend to realize later it did not have enough epoxy? 4- The rudder is covered but I need to take the cover off because the rudder is not flused with the fuse leaving a huge gap. 5- motor mount are a bit wide to my liking. Not sure what happened all I can say is that you should take it slow and look at it and think ahead. was wondering if I should just stick to ARF's but I have managed to screw them up also. Thought I would share my experiences so others don't make the same mistakes. Otherwise it is a fun hobby.