RCU Forums - View Single Post - I've got that RC itch...
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 12:18 AM
abp667

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've got that RC itch...

After all these years...
I've been considering getting back into RC. I used to bash around in the late 80's early 90's. If i remember correctly I used to have a Blackfoot, Astute, and MRC Thunder King (still in near perfect condition in my parents attic. I actually considered trying to hop it up to today's standards but i don't think i have the time or energy). Well recently a buddy of mine jumped into the hobby and i've gotten that "itch".

I'm looking bash around our sub division/backyard/wherever else i can find local with the occasion trip out to our closest track (about 30-40 min drive). My yard is mainly grass with some areas of dirt/leaves under our oak trees. So i've been researching and watching vids on youtube for a couple of weeks and I think I've narrowed down my choices and am looking for any advice or input I can get. I'm looking at Rustler VXL, Stampede VXL, E-Firestorm Flux, and Slash 4x4. I'm looking to spend between $300-400 out of the gate but don't mind updating and tweaking for improvement down the line.

I stopped in my LHSand noticed that most of their electric cars were Traxxas with a few more HPI's in their nitro section.

P.S. Any tips on how to clear this with my better half are greatly appreciated. Ihave a 2yr old son.... hmmmmm