RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bought a used Hellfire, few questions...
Old 01-21-2010, 09:48 PM
RPaulG87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a used Hellfire, few questions...

Irecently purchased a slightly used Hellfire on Ebay for 280$, the guy has already upgraded the front shocks to HPI's Hot Bodys, and added a JR all metal steering servo (it's amazing how well the Hellfire turns now) as well as upgradeing the front A-Arms to Integy Aluminum, he also added the integy center differential (don't really know the benefit that has but yeah), also has the increased durability integy aluminum turn buckles.

Took me around 4-5 minutes to get it running, which considering he hasn't run it in like a year, that's not too bad. Everything seems to work well atsept for a little front wheel-wobble (Ithink Ineed to adjust the camber).

Anyway, my quesiton is what is the vital parts to upgrade on the Hellfire?Iknow every previous R\C I've owned (though none were up to this scale, I've owned the Nitro Rustler, E-maxx, and Savage) none of them are bullet proof off the bat. I've never owned a truggy like this before, so I'm not sure what is the most vital parts to upgrade, Iknow some you want to make right when you get it to avoid one weak part breaking which causes other parts to break, so I was curious of the Hellfires main weaknesses.

My current plan (as things break)is rear aluminum a-arms, rear hot bodys shocks, aluminum chassis braces, and double-strength aluminum shock towers. I've heard a few issues of the Hellfire, mostly with steering, though with the servo the guy installed this thing turns better than anything I've owned in the past. Basically wanting to know what you guys think are the "weak points"of the Hellfire, as well as what the best gearing setup is for it. I'm not sure what this guy did, but Inoticed compared to my E-maxx (of course it's electric so it has more torque off the bat)the Hellfire seems to start off slow, however once the engine winds up, it starts going crazy fast. I was Iguess wanting a more torquey setup?It could just be the used engine, but it seems to have LOTSof high-end speed just not much low-end torque.

Anyway, thanks in advance!Also, Ihave a roll cage that Inabbed on Ebay for 20$ (apparently a very good one just got a deal) soI'll be installing that shortly.

Here is a pic of the Hellfire currently, Ihaven't driven it too much just wanted to make sure everything was in working condition so I zipped around a parking lot.